There are plenty of builders that strap the title “custom” in front of their name. But here at ICON, we take the label to heart. Our passion for the process exists because we know that when future homeowners draw out the vision for their home and slowly make this vision a three-dimensional-sleek-modern or transitional home a reality, it transforms the way they think about the word “home” forever.
Why the Right Builder Makes a Difference
Many people put their dreams on hold. They make excuses about why they can’t do something or why they better not. It’s too hard. I’m not sure how it will turn out. etc. Let’s face it, life is full of risk. And buying a home in any circumstance can be a risk—just like getting on the highway is a risk. But with the right builder, the unknowns are eliminated. An experienced builder replaces those unknowns with years of knowledge, expertise, and an effective process. This is why ICON is the leading home builder in El Paso, building upwards of 100 truly custom homes a year!
It All Starts With Your Vision
Many people begin with a vague idea of what they want their home to look like. If you need some brainstorming ideas to kickstart this exciting opportunity, here are some things to consider:
- Your Specific Needs. Building the house of your dreams is not only about what you want, but it also provides an exhilarating opportunity to accommodate any special needs for you and your family. Things to consider include: do you have children or plan to have children? What about pets? Are there or will there be elderly people living with you? Do you need a guest room for the beloved in-laws? One or two car garage? Do you need a multi-generational mini master suite for that boomerang child that keeps coming back, or for an aging family member?
- Your Lifestyle. Think about the kinds of activities that take place in your home. If you plan on working from home, you’ll certainly need a reliable spot to do so. Do you have kids or pets that will need to spend time outdoors? Size of the yard? Do you have a lot of family barbeques that can be enhanced with a patio? Do you plan on having large dinner parties? Do you spend a lot of time in the living room with the family? Do you enjoy cooking out on weekends, or do you need a space set up for a custom grill or smoker? How about a pool house or guest house? Ohh and an outside bathroom, And so forth!
- Space and Layout. Do you envision a one-story or two-story home? What structural features would you like to see in your house? Where should the Master Bedroom go? Do you want an open interior layout or divided rooms?
- Special Features & Details. This can go on for a while, but let’s look at some of the biggest considerations. Colors? Fireplace? Carpet or flooring? What kind of materials? For the kitchen: How much counter space? Gas or electric stove/oven? Walk-in pantry? For the bathroom: standing shower, bathtub, or combined? Vanities? Linen closets?
Involving You in Every Step of the Process
At ICON Homes, we take pride in our process. Many years of experience have brought us where we are today in developing the most extensive, interactive, and involved process that ensures our clients stay current with every step as their house goes up.
Here’s a glimpse into what you can expect:
- Bring us your ideas or check out our plans. Many of our clients see different elements of an ICON Home and would prefer to mix and match along with some ideas of their own.
- Speak with a designer. Ask the questions you need to reach your goals and receive feedback in the process. This includes inquiring about the features and layout options.
- Experience the different building stages with guided walkthroughs. First, take a tour of the home as the frame is set. This will show you the sturdiness and durability with which we set foundations, the quality materials, and you will see the layout in the flesh for the first time. Second, you’ll walk through as we’re placing all of the electrical outlets and wiring. Third, you’ll see the house as other important wiring systems are put into place. This includes the heating and cooling, plumbing, spray foam insulation, and anything that goes behind the walls. This gives you the peace of mind that all of your necessary utilities will be properly installed with no problems. Here at Icon Custom Home Builder, we encourage you to inspect your home as its being built and we find that our customers tend to enjoy being a part of the homes process. Finally, you will walk through as the house has been fully erected and any final details need to be sorted out.